Monday, August 3, 2015

SILHOUETTE IS EVERYTHING TO ME. (part2)


Those who know me well can affirm that I am everything but sexist.  I could not start the second part of this subject without a picture of the probably most achieved silhouette ever. Women. 

Women hip curves remind me of the surface transition that occure in between the body of an aircraft and its wings. the same kind of shape found on feet and shoe lasts. I am found of silhouettes, maybe motivated by my latin and carribean origines. I am found of aircraft history as well. That makes sense isn't it?

In the aircraft world, from the 20's silhouette played an important role. aerodynamic,  dedication of the model, recognition, weight and power, and a myriad of details that makes a difference. In this particular case, these two propelled aircrafts show differences, the F 4 corsair looks sleeker than the F6 hellcat. We can spot the same attributes when we speak footwear. 
Are you up for a little game:
It consists to frame how the silhouette in footwear matters.. This game doesn't offend anyone's design initiative. These are two Adidas products for soccer players. the top one is the F50 adizero 2014. The one below is an unknown product found at www. tepy.pl.  We will call the top one NICE because....., the lower one the UGLY because..... 

I played the NICE with a sleek silhouette. I played the UGLY with a flat silhouette. needless to say, I expect most of the readers with a preference for NICE.

In this Picture, I reversed the silhouettes. I would be interested to hear  or read which one you would favour?

Blacking out the silhouettes, I personally made my mind.

The game consisted to play the silhouettes with a background of two lasts, one shaped, one flat. do you believe me when I say : its not about lines nor colors nor materials, but all about shapes and silhouettes first? Footwear is all about Lasts to me. and you?


No comments:

Post a Comment