Sunday, August 16, 2015

WHEN I DON'T KNOW....BUT FRIENDS ARE HELPING.


This is a story about alpine ski boots. I am a bad skier but I always been attracted by the techy style of ski boots. My good friend Bob Monahan is a talented skier. Back in 2010, we spent time together speaking about what skiers generaly would apreciate for their boots. The thing started and became what follows below.

Another great friend of mine, Kota Tsukamoto and talented ski boot designer at Tecnica looked at the outcome and gave me some non confidential comments on how the shoe features could benefit to some fearless skiers. 

Among the manufacturers, I thought the Austrian Head would be the right pick. This brand looks to me at the pinacle of performance and precision.  Plus this is a tribute to my inspirator,  Bob and Head being his favorite brand.


As a beginner, It took me bit of documentary researches on how the boots where made,  I found the best teacher through the documents available at GOOGLE PATENTS.

A study based on boot shapes and analogies to product or automotive design. 


There is to me no project without values or key words, neither analogies nor  defined objectives.



Cold Feet answer.


Features


Early sketches


The Result. A boot for performers, with a concern for thermo regulation and comfort and little other improvements.  a counter answer to those who think being an athlete means training while  accepting pain and sufferings.


Even if this boot remains a fiction, its been designed with the scope of these massifs in Alaska, where Bob loves to descent few minutes after being heli ported.


No comments:

Post a Comment